Transfer Student Center Internship Application
The Transfer Student Center Peer Advocate position is designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop leadership, communication, and collaboration skills as you assist with our goal of serving the large and diverse transfer student community at Cal. Peer Advocate interns represent the Transfer Student Center in a variety of ways and play a critical role in helping the center achieve its mission of serving students who transfer from other colleges and universities.
The Center provides a broad range of programs and services that focus on transition and navigation, community and collaboration, and student success and engagement.
As a Peer Advocates, you are crucial to the Transfer Student Center’s day-to-day operations. All Peer Advocates are asked to choose from one of several key project areas where you will serve as part of a team. They include; Communications (Social Media), Public Relations (Fundraising), Education 198 Course, Events/Programming, and Technology Team (Video/Marketing).
By participating, Transfer Peer Advocates have access to professional staff members, develop transferrable skills in leadership and program planning, and may develop a clear understanding of the need for assisting transfer students.
Area of Focus within Transfer Student Center Internship:
You will be asked to indicate an area of interest on the application.
- Social Media & Newsletter
Fundraising & Alumni
Teaching Assistants & Programming
Video & Marketing
• Must be a currently enrolled transfer student
• Must have completed at least one semester at UC Berkeley
• Available to work between the hours M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm
Transfer Intern Requirements:
• Available to attend Transfer Center Retreat on January 21, 2017 and January 22, 2017
• Minimum 3 hours/week from January 21, 2017 to May 12, 2017
• Available to attend semester long weekly staff meetings on Friday’s from 12:00pm-1:00pm
• Attendance at major Transfer Center Events throughout the semester
• Available to attend weekly meetings with your designated Peer Advocate Leads (PALs)
• Fulfill the required semester hours in accordance with the number of units selected
• Perform assigned duties and special projects as necessaryUnit Requirement
1 unit of credit = 45 semester hours
2 units of credit = 90 semester hours
3 units of credit = 135 semester hours